anything but show random moving lights! I don`t know how it`s supposed
to function,am I doing something wrong? or perhaps it`s not
functioning properly, I have no way of knowing and no manual to refer
to! Can you help, and, is there a manual that I can download? Thanks in
advance!
Philmore57

Re: New Entourage Rustic Manual. Warranty and Tuner Issues

Postby Gregg » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:22 pm

I purchased the same guitar from a small music shop about 3 weeks ago. I don't think there is a manual or a place to register. All I received was the inspection card which was attached to the guitar. To use the tuner, press the button to turn it on and then strike a string. It should display the proper note and a green arrow head when that string is in tune. A red arrow head pointing down means you need to loosen the string and a red arrow head pointing up indicates that you need to tighten the string. Good luck and enjoy your new guitar. I have just started learning the guitar and really like mine. It's so much better then the Yamaha I tried the first month. Luckily GC allows returns.
Gregg
Gregg

Postby Philmore57 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:51 pm

Thanks for your response, I`ve been playing for 40 years and this is my first Godin Seagull guitar. I`m pretty well versed in operations of guitar electronics and thought the tuner should operate like one of just about every other instrument I`ve played, and I finally got this one to operate but usually only with the tuner button being held down while plucking a string for it to function. If this is NOT the way this is supposed to work, then I guess I`ve got a bad tuner or possibly the contacts are dirty and some "tuner cleaner" spray is in order. I`m a bit concerned about Godin`s customer service...it seems like they`re in general very "laid back" and a bit vague about some things. It would be nice if the Seagull website had more info, including where there are ( if any ) "authorized" warranty repair facilities, or if they just want you to bring it back to the store to get stuff done under warranty, and/or, does the store ( or me ) have to send it back to the factory? Well, it`s a very distinct instrument...in "feel" , more like my 40 year old Martin D-18 than most budget to mid priced instruments I`ve tried. I too had another ( an Ibanez ) for a few weeks, much cheaper ( $230.00 US ), and although it had some nice things about it ( seemed pretty solidly built, good looking, much LOUDER pre amp...but it had fret and much more likely neck issues that "set up" and fret dressing did not cure, so Guitar Center refunded both the purchase price and any set up costs I put out... they also took a long time to get it back to me, and there were some other miscommunications, ect,ect ) But they "did right" by me, and I got my refund and tried quite a few other guitars in the Ibanez`s price range, but the Seagull seemed worth the additional money I added to the refund. So, once again thanks for responding! Peace
Philmore57

Postby S6-Original » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:08 am

Try changing the battery for your tuner, You should not have to hold the button down. Also try just plucking the string with the flesh of your thumb for the cleanest frequency to be picked up by the tuner. If still having trouble, try playing the harmonic at the 12th fret. My tuner resonds quickest and most accurate to the harmonic.

Seagull customer service is not the most responsive as they leave such to the dealers. GC is generally not your best versed in acoustic maintenance, so you might try a different dealer who handles Seagull. If all else fails, take it back to GC within that 30 day return period and find one (or have them order a replacement). By all means stick with Seagull :)
D.C.
S6-Original

Postby Philmore57 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:46 am

Unfortunately I`ve already put a small "ding" on the guitar when removing a soundhole cover I was using to try and control feedback( see my post " Quantum 1 output and feedback issues" )...it went in easy enough...must`ve been a small rough edge on the inside of the soundhole, and a 1/4 " chip came out with the cover, so there`s no returning the instrument to GC now! I suppose I might contact Godin and see if I could remove the Q1 preamp section and return that for a replacement . The tuner switch is defective and / or dirty. At times if I fiddle with it just right I can get it to work properly, the rest of the time I have to hold the button down. Hey, maybe I`ll ask them to send me a Q2 as a replacement ... hmmm...will it work with just the under saddle pickup in the Rustic, or does it need the additional source?...it at least has some feedback control... again see my other post! I`m also thinking of getting something like a Fishman Pro or a LR Baggs GigPro or Para DI...they also have a new Feedback master / non EQ preamp...I find the Q 1 a bit wimpy on the output,( unless that`s just another Q1 problem along with the tuner issue? ) the cheap Ibanez blows it away as far as output goes, it had as much balls as my SG and Strat. I like the guitar as far as sound and playability goes...it`s just these electronic issues that are pushing me towards "regretland"! ( Damned Ding! )
Philmore57

Postby S6-Original » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:29 pm

I would take the guitar back to GC and tell them you want a new preamp but want to keep the guitar. They should be the quickest liaision with Seagull.

I am surprised you would need to add a Para DI or Gig Pro or any other preamp to your Q1 unit. The Q1 is very evenly balanced and high energy on all my Seagull Q1 explorations.
D.C.
S6-Original

Return to Seagull Talk